PHOTOSHOP: ANTI-ALIASING TO SMOOTH JAGGED SHAPES
- Create shape and leave selected
- Go to Channels Pallette, click ">" icon to create New Channel...
- "Masked Areas"
- Fill selection with white
- Deselect the shape
- Filter Menu >> Blur >> Gausian Blur >> 2.0-3.5px (try different values)
- Image Menu >> Adjust >> Levels >> move both end input sliders toward the center to tweak edges
- Layer Menu >> "New..." >> Layer >> name it
- Channels Pallette >> click dotted circle icon "Load channel as selection"
- Layers Pallette >> select the layer >> fill selection with desired color or pattern
- Voilá - smooth edges!